I welcome comments on all blog posts and pages that have commenting enabled. Submissions should be reasonable or constructive commentary that contributes to debate – including strong criticisms within reason. Comments are sometimes held for moderation, so there may be a delay between submission and the comment appearing.
- Email Privacy: Email addresses are required for commenting. They are not published on the blog, or shared elsewhere. They may be used by blog administrators to privately contact the commenter.
- Language and Manners: Comments which include offensive or inappropriate language, or considered by the administrator(s) to be rude and offensive, may be edited or deleted.
- No Personal Attack Comments Permitted: You may question or argue the content of posts, but not attack the blogger or other commenters.
- A Comment is Conversation: Comments should add to or stimulate debate: comments that are deemed too digressive or inappropriate may be edited or deleted.
- Limit Links: Please keep links in comments to a minimum. Comments with more than four links may be marked as spam.
- What To Do If Your Comment Does Not Appear: If you leave a comment on a blog and it does not appear within a reasonable time period, and you know that it does not violate these Comment Policies, contact the blog administrator.
- Commenters Blocked: Violation of this Comments Policy may result in future comments being blocked.
- All Rights Reserved: The blog administrators reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. They also have the right to block access to any individual or group of people from commenting, or from the entire blog.
Source: College of Humanities and Social Science, The University of Edinburgh